The internet, social media – even friends and family – seem to have all the answers to our most perplexing health, weight loss, and fitness questions.
- Should I eat low carb or no carb or something in between?
- Is Keto the miracle diet everyone claims it to be?
- What’s better, High Intensity Interval Training or cardio?
- Does strength training always equal getting “bulky”?
- Should I follow #fitpregnancy or #pregnantnotdead or embrace #myownpregnancyexperience?
- How long am I supposed to wait postpartum before returning to exercise?
- Should my nutrition and fitness change as I age?
- Does red meat cause cancer?
- Is it true that I should drink my bodyweight in water everyday?
But what’s real? What’s true? Where can you place your faith and trust? The holy grail of health is out there, they promise. But where?
When a seemingly simple search for “healthy lifestyle” returns approximately 60,700,000 results, there are few who have the time or patience to wade through those deep waters. And when we do decide to take on this giant, it’s hard to know who is offering real answers, who is telling half truths, and who is promoting misinformation.
This is where I step in.
I’m here to help you unlock your power and potential by:
- absorbing and applying useful, relevant information to you,
- discarding what doesn’t work for you, and
- adding in those pieces that are uniquely your own; that is, your strengths, your preferences, your needs, your genetics, and your physiology.
And to make this all happen I rely on my experience, my education, and the latest science and research in the fields of Nutrition, Fitness, and Massage Therapy.
My personal experience is:
- a former athlete who faced paralysis and struggled for years to rebuild that foundation of strength, find enjoyment in exercising again, and re-evaluate my understanding of what it meant to nourish my body
- a busy mom who homeschools my kids and runs my business full time; and understands that time is precious, schedules are packed, and resourcefulness is a priority, and
- a lover of all things FOOD who believes that eating well is more than pre-determined menus, hours of prepping and planning, and counting calories. It is social and cultural and instinctual. It is memories and comfort and pleasure. And it is possible to achieve a balance between eating to reach your goals and eating to accommodate the demands and celebrations of your life.
My formal education & experience:
- began in 2003 (though my interest began much earlier than that) when I enrolled to become a Licensed Massage Therapist, with a focus on structural & rehabilitative massage techniques after massage played a vital role in my recovery from Guillian-Barre Syndrome
- 2012, after relocating with my family from the US to Malaysia for a year and experiencing what can only be described as feeling more healthy than I had in the last decade, I re-dedicated myself to gaining a deeper knowledge of the body and how it perceives & achieves health and acquired further education and training in Massage Therapy through Myotherapy College of Utah furthering my knowledge and understanding of Human Anatomy & Physiology and Kinesiology.
- 2013, fueled by a desire to continue expanding my competence and grasp of the potential of the human body and how it achieves health, I obtained admittance to the Exercise & Sport Science program at the University of Utah and declared my intent to minor in Nutrition to better help me care for the needs of my husband after being diagnosed with Celiac’s Disease.
- 2015 & 2016, in an effort to learn the skills necessary to better help others achieve long-lasting results through small, sustainable changes I procured my Exercise & Sport Nutrition (Level 1) and Change Psychology (Level 2) Coaching Certifications through Precision Nutrition, and gained my Personal Training Certification through the National Academy of Sports Medicine.
- 2015, I began providing Personal Nutrition & Fitness Coaching services in a Corporate Wellness setting and soon expanded my services to include full Employee Wellness Programs that include Seminars & Workshops that encompass all aspects of health & wellness to enhance employee health, boost employee productivity, increase employee job satisfaction, and lower employer & employee healthcare costs.
- 2017, I continued my mentorship with Precision Nutrition when I was brought on as an Assistant Coach for the Women’s Coaching Program to help nearly 300 women achieve their fitness & nutrition goals – both in the context of losing fat/weight and improving their performance.
- Later that same year (2017) I expanded my services and offerings with specialized Pre – and Postnatal Nutrition & Exercise education and training after receiving my Pre- & Postnatal Certification through the Girls Gone Strong program, and
- I also added to my business services by offering 100% online coaching options as an alternative for those who wouldn’t be able to access my services otherwise (Online Training Certification received 2016).
- 2018, I completed an extensive and in-depth certification specific to the nutrition, fitness, and psychology of women, including common medical considerations that affect women’s health; particularly Menstruation and Menopause, further knowledge of Pre-, Peri-, and Post-natal considerations such as pelvic floor health and Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Disordered eating and Eating disorders, PCOS, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto’s, Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, Endometriosis, Osteopenia and Osteoporosis, as well as common allergies, intolerances, and digestive issues such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Let me show you how easy it can be to achieve your goals with expert guidance, support and accountability.
*Disclaimer* As I am not a Registered Dietitian or Medical Practitioner, I cannot and will not ever attempt to diagnose a problem you may be experiencing. As a Certified Nutritionist, Personal Trainer, and Licensed Massage Therapist, however, I can and will work hand in hand with any medical team you may currently be working with to manage and/or improve a specific condition.